COME JOIN THE BAND!
Interested in doing band, but not in extended day? See below!
STEPS TO JOINING 5TH GRADE BAND:
- Watch the videos below about different band instruments.
- Complete the Band Placement Tool to discover student interests and natural ability.
- Complete the Instrument Preference Form. Please do not rent/purchase supplies yet.
- After you submit you will receive an instrument recommendation, supply list, and detailed information from band directors the week of 9/28-10-2.
- Aquire your instrument through Marshall Music or by other means
- Band class will officially start week of 10/12/20.
Students & parents please join our Google Classroom! (Class code: pgw5jyg)
STEP 1: BROWSE THROUGH THESE VIDEOS TO LEARN ABOUT EACH INSTRUMENT WE START IN OWOSSO!
Your job is to choose a TOP 3!
Brass & Percussion Instruments
This will take about 20 minutes to complete. Please make sure you are in a quiet area where you can hear really well!
Once you have completed this form you will be officially signed up for 5th grade band! One of the band directors will help confirm your instrument preference within a week! Please do not order any instruments or supplies until you have had your selection confirmed!
STEP 4: CONFIRM YOUR INSTRUMENT SELECTION WITH A DIRECTOR (WE will contact YOU!)
STEP 5: INSTRUMENT RENTAL INFO (Please do not rent until after you have had you selection confirmed by a director)
What else do I need besides my instrument?
- All Students will also purchase a copy of "Essential Elements 2000" for their instrument. This book also comes with a code to activate the website Essential Elements InterACTIVE which we will use! Students have access to additional resources for their instrument AND play along tracks for each song!
- Clarinet and Alto Saxophone students will need to purchase extra reeds for their instrument. We recommend RICO reeds (orange box, 1.5 or 2 strength) for our beginners. These reeds are available through marshall music or other online vendors.
- We also recommend that Brass and Woodwind students also purchase an instrument care kit from marshall music.